Archive for May 16th, 2011
The MIT News Office had a great article about Michel DeGraff last week: “A champion of Creole”.
Pritty Patel-Grosz reports:
A few months ago we were saddened to hear that Jean-Roger Vergnaud (MIT class of 1974) passed away. Last week (May 5th-7th), there was a workshop at USC honouring his work, called “Parallel Domains: Locality in syntax/phonology and the representation of constituency.” The program can be found here.
Past/present members of the MIT linguistics community who participated include:
- Noam Chomsky (Emeritus MIT professor) keynote speaker
- Bill Idsardi (MIT class of 1992) main session talk
- Julie Legate (MIT class of 2002) main session talk, member of the panel discussion
- Rita Manzini (MIT class of 1984) main session talk
- Pritty Patel-Grosz (current MIT student) main session talk
- Carson Schuetze (MIT class of 1997) main session talk
- Dominique Sportiche (MIT class of 1984) invited talk